Wilson State Park News
Long term camping will be done by a lottery drawing for 2014. This includes Dropseed 1 through 6 and Grama 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13. All Long Term Campers from 2013 will have a letter mailed to them about the drawing. Other individuals interested in Long Term Camping need to contact the park office to receive the lottery form. Letters will be mailed the week of November 18th and must be returned to the park office by Monday December 16th. The drawing will be held Wed December 18th at 2:00pm at the park office.
NEW FOR 2013, ANNUAL VEHICLE PERMITS CAN BE PURCHASED FROM THE COUNTY TREASURER'S OFFICE WITH RENEWAL OF TAGS/TAXES. COST FOR PERMITS ARE $15.50 AND WILL BE VALID THROUGH THE TAG EXPIRATION DATE. TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS LET THEM KNOW YOU WANT TO PURCHASE PASSPORTS (ANNUAL VEHICLE PERMITS) FOR KANSAS STATE PARKS.
Cabin Reservations can be done 364 days in advance. Go online at reserveamerica.com to make your reservations or to see availability.
Online Reservation System (ORMS) went live April 17th, 2012. Reservations for 2014 will be available for Big Bluestem 1-40, Wheatgrass 1-20, Foxtail 1-4, Goldenrod 1-8, & Yarrow 1-27. Lovegrass Group Camp Reservations can be done in the park office on Dec 20th after 12:00pm or by calling the park office. All remaining campsites will be first come, first served.
For Current Lake level and Fishing information view the Lake and Fishing Information page.
The park office will be closed Thursday 11/21/13. The office will be closed Thursday 11/28/13 and Friday 11/28/13 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
The park office is open Monday thru Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm. Closed Saturday & Sundays. Call ahead for confirmation on office hours.
MARCH 9-Open House/Free Park Entrance Day Wilson State Park 10am-4pm
- APRIL 17-Earth Day Event CANCELED.for Area 5th Graders
- MAY 3 - 5, 2013 - Kansas Fat Tire Festival Mountain Bike Race Switchgrass Campground Area
- May 17 - 19, 2013 Hell Creek Hoedown Friday night jam session, Saturda Bands starting at 6:00 and more jamming, Sunday Gospel Jam 10:00am
- June 1 & 2, 2013 Free Fishing Weekend-fishing licenses are not required on those days.
- JUNE 15, 2013 - OK KIDS DAY. 8:30am Jim Smith Memorial Fishing Clinic, 11:00 am Treasure Hunt, 12:00pm Free Lunch, 12:30pm - 2:00pm Jet Ski Simulator, Water Slides, Games.
- JULY 6, 2013 LAKE WILSON AREA ASSOC POKER RUN. Yucca Shelter in Otoe Area Registration is from 10:00am - 12:00pm Stops begin at 12:00pm - 2:45pm For more information call Cori at 620-786-9523 or Chris 620-793-0762
- NO FIREWORKS DISPLAY THIS YEAR
Check out the cabins page for more information on each of the Wilson State Park Cabin's. From there you can reserve a specific cabin online or you can go to the online cabin reservation system and look at all cabin availability.
Reservation fees and processing fees are in addition to the rental fees. Weekends require a two night stay (Fri-Sat) Holiday weekends require a three night stay (Fri - Mon).
Cabin Check-in time is 2:00pm NO EXCEPTIONS and Check-out time is 12:00pm. Cabins have keyless entry on the doorlocks. Use the last four digits of your phone number the reservation was done under for entry to the cabin.
REMINDER: Permits are required year round for all vehicles that come into the Park.