#6 Elk Creek Cabin
Type: Modern Cabin
The Facility is ADA Compliant
Elk Creek Cabin is a 1 bedroom cabin (It is the 6th Cabin as you enter into the area) and has –
A great view of the lake from the cabin porch. You’ll drive a short distance from the main entrance road onto a gravel drive way right up to the Cabin area. The Cabins have a concrete parking area and patio area with a Picnic Table & Grill with an additional large Campfire Ring on the East side of the cabin porch.
The cabins are outfitted very nicely inside and out.
They have a refrigerator/freezer, four burner electric stove/oven, microwave, toaster, coffee pot and all off the utensils you'll need.
- The bathroom is very comfortable with a walk-in shower, vanity/mirror and of course a flush commode.
- In the master bedroom there is a full bed and a sofa. The futon in the living are folds down to a full size bed. On one wall in the living area there is a pull down twin Murphy bed.
- The outside cabin site is fit with a nice large campfire ring, a stand-up BBQ grill, picnic table and concrete patio. (Bring your own wood to burn.)
You should plan to bring your bedding to make up the beds, towels for showering and of course your food and beverage items. (No closets, dressers or hangers in the cabins.)
The State Park is located on a bluff 80 feet in the air, overlooking the water, but there are several places on the trail system that will get you close to the water.
Located near the Cabin you’ll find two access points to the North Shore Hiking/Biking Trails.
- Off to your left (East) of the last cabin (Wakarusa River) you can access the trail system. There is an Eagle Blind in the wooded area near there and you’ll have a great view of the Clinton Marina Cove. (You may contact them for slip or boat rental information by calling 785/749-3222 or visiting clintonmarina.com) Fishing from shore as well.
- You may also reach the trails by taking the red handrail that are West of the shelter (located near the entrance of the cabin area and located across from the shower house.) The steps lead down to the hiking/biking trails. (You will come across the White trail (Marked with strategically placed paint on trees.) The White Trail leads into the easier BlueTrail that goes closer to the water. Be aware that the RED Trail can be very dangerous, please use caution.
- At most entrances to the hiking/biking trails there will be a trail map to help you keep track of where you are and what you might see in that area. A master copy of that map will also be in your Welcome Packet we’ll leave in the cabin for you. It’s really quiet and beautiful on the trails. Keep an eye out for wildlife as you venture out! Please enjoy this awesome addition to the State Park. (P.S. Make sure you prepare yourself with sunscreen, bug and tick spray before heading out on the trails…)
- Check In and Out Times
Check in time is 2:00 p.m.
Check out time is Noon
- Entry Key Codes
Key Codes will be given with your confirmation email.
Like us on Facebook for Cabin pictures and details. http://www.facebook.com/ClintonStatePark
Set April 2013