Clinton Wildlife Area News
- Green Rd and E1 (County line) will remain closed until March 1st. This is due to many problems with trash and "off-roading" in those areas. This should also increase hunting possibilities.
- Our tree clearing efforts are still in full force. Most recently we have been working on removing cedars on the south side of the Wakarusa river off of Herschell Rd
- Most of our wetlands responded very well to the work we did last summer. Pool 3 of Elk Creek, and the Refuge pool will be marginal this year due to work being done in them over the summer. Some millet will be planted in them to help supplement. (Pray for rain)
- Many roads were worked on over the spring. Most were graded, and a few recieved new rock and brush/tree removal.
- For pictures and more info on Clinton Wildlife Area, "Like" our new facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Kansas-Dept-of-Wildlife-Parks-and-Tourism-Clinton-Wildlife-Area/123926614378723?sk=wall
- Please remember that trapping is also permitted on the Wildlife Area