Wilson State Park News
NEW FOR 2013, ANNUAL VEHICLE PERMITS CAN BE PURCHASED FROM THE COUNTY TREASURER'S OFFICE WITH RENEWAL OF TAGS/TAXES. COST FOR PERMITS ARE $15.50 AND WILL BE VALID THROUGH THE TAG EXPIRATION DATE. TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS LET THEM KNOW YOU WANT TO PURCHASE PASSPORTS (ANNUAL VEHICLE PERMITS) FOR KANSAS STATE PARKS.
2013 CAMPSITE RESERVATIONS
Cabin Reservations can be done 364 days in advance. Go online at reserveamerica.com to make your reservations or to see availability.
Online Reservation System (ORMS) went live April 17th, 2012. Reservations for 2013 will be available for Big Bluestem 1-40, Wheatgrass 1-20, Foxtail 1-4, Goldenrod 1-8, & Yarrow 1-27. Lovegrass Group Camp Reservations must be done by calling the park office on Dec 17th. All remaining campsites will be first come, first served.
For Current Lake level and Fishing information view the Lake and Fishing Information page.
The park office is open Sunday thru Thurs 8:00am - 4:00pm and Fri & Sat 8:00am -7:30pm. Call ahead for confirmation on office hours.
MARCH 9-Open House/Free Park Entrance Day Wilson State Park 10am-4pm
- APRIL 17-Earth Day Event CANCELED.for Area 5th Graders
- MAY 3 - 5, 2013 - Kansas Fat Tire Festival Mountain Bike Race Switchgrass Campground Area
- May 17 - 19, 2013 Hell Creek Hoedown Friday night jam session, Saturda Bands starting at 6:00 and more jamming, Sunday Gospel Jam 10:00am
- June 1 & 2, 2013 Free Fishing Weekend-fishing licenses are not required on those days.
- JUNE 15, 2013 - OK KIDS DAY. 8:30am Jim Smith Memorial Fishing Clinic, 11:00 am Treasure Hunt, 12:00pm Free Lunch, 12:30pm - 2:00pm Jet Ski Simulator, Water Slides, Games.
- JULY 6, 2013 LAKE WILSON AREA ASSOC POKER RUN. Yucca Shelter in Otoe Area Registration is from 10:00am - 12:00pm Stops begin at 12:00pm - 2:45pm For more information call Cori at 620-786-9523 or Chris 620-793-0762
Check out the cabins page for more information on each of the Wilson State Park Cabin's. From there you can reserve a specific cabin online or you can go to the online cabin reservation system and look at all cabin availability.
Reservation fees and processing fees are in addition to the rental fees. Weekends require a two night stay (Fri-Sat) Holiday weekends require a three night stay (Fri - Mon).
Cabin Check-in time is 2:00pm and Check-out time is 12:00pm. Cabins have keyless entry on the doorlocks. Use the last four digits of your phone number the reservation was done under for entry to the cabin.
REMINDER: Permits are required year round for all vehicles that come into the Park.