WILDLIFE AND PARKS COMMISSION MEETING OCT. 26 IN CHANUTE
2007 spring turkey hunting, fishing regulations to be set
PRATT -- The Kansas Wildlife and Parks Commission will conduct a public meeting and hearing at Neosho Community College Auditorium, Sanders Hall, on Thursday, Oct. 26. The afternoon session will begin at 1:30 p.m. The evening public hearing will begin at 7 p.m.
The public is invited to attend all sessions. The afternoon session agenda includes the following discussion topics:
- proposed legislation for fiscal year (FY) 2007;
- FY 2008 budget;
- Commissioner's Forum report;
- Commissioner Permits;
- status of the Deer Working Group and public comment;
- Quail Research Project and SE Kansas Quail Initiative;
- fall turkey season;
- deer regulations;
- recommended recreational trails grants;
- Kansas paddlefish project; and
- Marais des Cygnes Wildlife Area and National Refuge.
The afternoon meeting will also include workshop sessions, in preparation for
potential future regulatory action on permanent big game regulations and adding white perch and modifying the name of bighead carp on the prohibited species list.
The Commission will recess at 5 p.m., then reconvene at the same location at 7 p.m. for a public hearing on the following proposed regulations:
- KAR 115-2-2, motor vehicle permits;
- KAR 115-2-3a, cabin camping permit fees;
- KAR 115-16-5, wildlife control permits, operational requirements;
- KAR 115-25-6, spring turkey season, bag limits, permits, and game tags;
- KAR 115-20-5, dangerous regulated animals, primary caging requirements;
- KAR 115-20-6, dangerous regulated animals, registered designated handlers;
- KAR 115-2-1, fees for Tournament Bass Pass and Paddlefish permit;
- KAR 115-7-1, legal fishing equipment, methods of take, and other provisions;
- KAR 115-7-4, processing and possession of fish;
- KAR 115-7-8, trout permit requirements, restrictions, and permit duration;
- KAR 115-18-18, Hand Fishing permit requirements, restrictions, and permit duration;
- KAR 115-18-20, Tournament Bass Pass requirements, restrictions, and permit duration; and
- KAR 115-25-14, fishing creel limits, size limits, possession limits, and open season.
If necessary, the Commission will recess on Oct. 26, to reconvene Oct. 27 at 9 a.m. at the same location to complete its business. Time will be set aside in all sessions for public comment on items that are not on the agenda.
If notified in advance, the department will have an interpreter available for the hearing impaired. To request an interpreter, call the Kansas Commission of Deaf and Hard of Hearing at 1-800-432-0698. Any individual with a disability may request other accommodations by contacting the Commission secretary at 620-672-5911.